Terms & Conditions
The contract between the instructor and the pupil is subject to the following terms and conditions:
1. The instructor shall provide the pupil with driving tuition at the rate per hour previously communicated to the pupil.
2. Payment for tuition should normally be made in advance by cheque or cash directly to the instructor. Alternatively the pupil may pay the instructor in cash or by cheque (made payable to the Instructor) at the commencement of each lesson subject to prior agreement.
3. Lessons which are Block Booked only attract a lower fee if they are paid for in advance. If the full fee on the first lesson of the block booking is not fully paid, then that lesson will be charged for at the full rate at the beginning of the lesson.
4. All matters relating to the timing, location and duration of individual lessons shall be subject to agreement between the instructor and the pupil.
5. The instructor shall have the right to rearrange any appointment to a time convenient to both parties if the instructor is not available for any reason.
6. Lesson cancellations can only be made by the pupil directly with the instructor at least two working days (excluding Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays) prior to the commencement of the lesson. If lesson cancellation is not received within this time period, the instructor reserves the right to charge the full fee for the lesson. Additionally, if the lesson was part of a pre-paid block booking, the instructor may deduct the lesson from the remaining hours.
NOTIFICATION OF MEDICAL CONDITIONS
7. The Pupil must inform the instructor if they have ever had, or currently suffers from a medical condition, or disability that may affect their driving.
8. Pupils must also inform the driving instructor of any medical condition or disability that has become worse, or has developed a new medical condition or disability, that may affect their fitness to drive during lessons.
9. The pupil must satisfy the driving instructor that they can read a vehicle number plate with letters 79.4mm (3.1in) high at a minimum distance of 20.5metres. Number plates with a narrower font introduced during 2001, should be read from a distance of 20 metres. If the pupil requires glasses or contact lenses to read the number plate, they agree that these will be worn at all times during driving.
10. Pupils with colour-blindness, must inform the instructor so that the instructor can ensure that the pupil can recognise road signs by their shapes and understand the sequence of lights at traffic signals, as this is more difficult without colour. The instructor is at liberty at his/her absolute discretion to refuse to proceed with a lesson if he/she has reason to believe that the pupil is in any way under the influence of alcohol or drugs at the time of the lesson.
11. Please refer to Appendix for terms and conditions relating to COVID-19 safety measures.
12. Your instructor reserves the right to refuse use of a driving school vehicle for test if he/she considers that provision of a vehicle could cause a risk to public safety.
13. Where a school car is used for a test, the booking period will based upon the instructor´s normal diary schedule. Depending on the time of the test this will require a minimum two hour booking and possibly longer.
14. While your instructor will make every effort to ensure that the vehicle supplied for the test will be fully road worthy and comply with all legal requirements at the start of the test, he/she cannot be held responsible for vehicle failure that occurs during the test and is not liable for any consequential loss.
15. Your instructor cannot be held responsible for test appointments cancelled by the DVSA due to bad weather, sickness, staff shortages or other reasons. Such cancellations are beyond the control of your instructor and therefore the lesson fee and ´use of car´ fee for the booked period will be charged. Your instructor will advise about claiming compensation from the DVSA .
CHANGES TO TERMS
16. The instructor may change the terms at any time. If you take lessons after the Instructor has changed the terms, you will be bound by the new terms.
17. It is hereby expressly agreed that this contract is made solely between the instructor, as principal, and the pupil.
18. These terms are governed by and construed in accordance with laws of England and Wales and any disputes will be decided only by the Courts of England and Wales.
19. The instructor will only use student information for the following purposes:
- To identify you if you contact him/her.
- To help administer your account and the services that are to be provided.
- To carry out market analysis and customer research.
- In an emergency.